Every NBA team has their own private plane. Below is a list of each NBA team and the type of private jet that they own and operate for both the regular season and playoffs.
- Atlanta Hawks: Boeing 767
- Boston Celtics: Boeing 767
- Brooklyn Nets: Boeing 767
- Charlotte Hornets: Boeing 767
- Chicago Bulls: Boeing 767
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Boeing 767
- Dallas Mavericks: Boeing 767
- Denver Nuggets: Boeing 767
- Detroit Pistons: Boeing 767
- Golden State Warriors: Boeing 767
- Houston Rockets: Boeing 767
- Indiana Pacers: Boeing 767
- Los Angeles Clippers: Unknown
- Los Angeles Lakers: Boeing 747-400
- Miami Heat: Boeing 757
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Boeing 767
- Milwaukee Bucks: Unknown
- New Orleans Pelicans: Boeing 767
- New York Knicks: Boeing 767
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Boeing 757
- Orlando Magic: Boeing 767
- Philadelphia 76ers: Boeing 767
- Phoenix Suns: Boeing 757
- Portland Trail Blazers: Boeing 767
- Sacramento Kings: Boeing 767
- San Antonio Spurs: Boeing 757
- Toronto Raptors: Boeing 767
- Utah Jazz: Boeing 757
- Washington Wizards: Boeing 767
- Milwaukee Bucks: Unknown
Which NBA Players Own a Private Jet?
- Michael Jordan: The former Chicago Bulls player and Hall of Famer owns a Gulfstream IV private jet.
- LeBron James: The Los Angeles Lakers player owns a custom-designed Gulfstream V private jet.
- Kobe Bryant: The former Los Angeles Lakers player, who passed away in 2020 (RIP), owned a custom-designed Gulfstream V private jet.
- Dirk Nowitzki: The former Dallas Mavericks player owns a Gulfstream V private jet.
- Dwayne Wade: The former Miami Heat player owns a Gulfstream V private jet.
- Carmelo Anthony: The Portland Trail Blazers player owns a Gulfstream G-280 private jet.
- Shaquille O’Neal: The retired player owns a Gulfstream G-550 private jet.
- Hakeem Olajuwon: The retired player owns a Gulfstream IV private jet.
- Tim Duncan: The retired player owns a Gulfstream G-IV private jet.
- Kevin Garnett: The retired player owns a Gulfstream G-IV private jet.
Interested to see what it’s like on an NBA private plane? Check out these awesome pics from Getty.
Who is the next NBA player that will buy a private jet?
This is a question not just about pure salary but rather scheduling, ie how important is one’s schedule? LeBron James is more than an athlete; he is a billionaire businessman. As for the rest of the NBA, the question and answer would seem to revolve around who else is both rich and successful with off court pursuits.
Could Kevin Durant be the next NBA player to buy a private jet? Him and Rich Kleiman certainly have a few successful off court operations. Steph Curry and James Harden are other possibilities of players to buy a private jet; however Curry seems too modest and Harden spends too much money at nightclubs.
Giannis is probably not going to because his hometown in Greece is just too far for a private jet. Same goes for Luka Doncic – he ain’t buying a private plane any time soon. Ditto for Jokic.
Maybe we could argue Jayson Tatum but we have not seen enough off court production from him yet to warrant a private jet purchase. For now, it is just LeBron and the retired legends; Jordan, Magic, and more.