NBA basketball games are not cheap! The median resale price for an NBA game ticket is about $96 according to Nerd Wallet.
Here are the top 10 cheapest NBA ticket full game experiences (the whole family plus food and drink):
Here are 10 tips for getting cheap tickets to an NBA basketball game:
- Check for last-minute deals: Look for last-minute deals or last-minute ticket sales from official websites, third-party ticket sellers, or social media. How long is an NBA game? Well long enough for you to risk waiting until the last minute!
- Buy tickets from secondary markets: Websites like StubHub or SeatGeek allow fans to purchase tickets from others who may no longer need or want them.
- Join a loyalty program: Many teams offer loyalty programs for fans, which can provide access to exclusive discounts or presales for tickets.
- Attend a game during the week: Ticket prices are often lower for games played during the week, compared to weekends.
- Go to a pre-season game: Pre-season games typically have lower ticket prices and less demand than regular-season games.
- Look for deals on group tickets: Buying tickets in bulk can result in a discount, so consider inviting friends or family to join you at the game.
- Check for student discounts: Many teams offer discounts for students, so if you’re a student, be sure to check and see if any discounts are available.
- Avoid popular games: Games featuring popular teams or star players are likely to have higher ticket prices. Consider attending a game featuring a less popular team instead.
- Search for promotions or contests: Teams often run promotions or contests that offer discounted or free tickets, so keep an eye out for these opportunities.
- Use a ticket broker: A ticket broker can help you find and purchase tickets for a lower price, but be sure to choose a reputable broker.
Not satisfied? Okay, here are 10 more quick tips for getting cheap NBA arena tickets to NBA games:
- Look for package deals that include both lodging and game tickets.
- Use social media and online forums to find other fans selling extra tickets.
- Check team websites for last-minute ticket discounts or flash sales.
- Attend games during the week, as tickets are often cheaper than weekend games.
- Buy tickets directly from the arena box office instead of a third-party vendor.
- Take advantage of student, military, or senior citizen discounts.
- Attend pre-season or non-conference games, which are usually less expensive.
- Consider purchasing tickets for a less popular team or for a game that isn’t expected to sell out.
- Use a rewards or cash-back credit card to save money on ticket purchases.
- Wait until the last minute to buy tickets, as prices may drop if the game is not sold out.
When is the cheapest time to buy basketball game tickets?
The cheapest time to buy basketball game tickets is usually during the off-season or early in the season before popular games or playoff games. Other factors that can impact ticket prices include the day of the week and the opponent team. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for sales, promotions, and special deals from ticket vendors or the team itself.
Read more on this Reddit thread.