While it might be glamorous to get an NBA job, the salaries can differ greatly. An NBA cheerleaders salary is quite different than a players salary. As such, NBA water boy or towel boy salary can also differ considerably when compared to other positions such as NBA referee salaries or even assistant coaches and trainers.
NBA Water Boy Salary
The salary of an NBA waterboy can vary based on the team, experience, and location. However, on average, NBA waterboys make minimum wage or slightly above, which is around $15 per hour in the United States. Some teams may offer additional benefits, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. It’s important to note that being a waterboy is a part-time job, and waterboys typically work during game days and team practices.
NBA Towel Boy Salary
The exact salary of NBA towel boys varies from team to team, but it is typically a minimum wage position. According to Glassdoor, the average hourly wage for an NBA towel boy is around $11 per hour. However, some teams may pay more or less depending on factors such as the size of the market, the team’s budget, and the level of responsibility required for the job. It is important to note that this is not a full-time position and many towel boys work part-time during the NBA season.
For example, the average salary of a waterboy in NBA stands at $58,000, according to the Boston Celtics statistics. However, there are always differences between beginner employees and those who are well-versed with an advanced set of skills. Experienced employees definitely have a higher authority in the NBA community, while novice workers have yet to prove themselves in front of the superiors.
That way, their salaries will progressively grow over time. It will take a while though, but it will worth at the end. The job itself requires good condition and physical strength. It is not overly demanding, but the worker has to be in good shape.
The highest salaries in this profession move up to $100,000 or sometimes even more. The employee will not become rich overnight, but he will reach a steady income with a possibility to grow further.
What does an NBA Water Boy Do in his job?
An NBA waterboy is part of the support staff for an NBA team and is responsible for ensuring that players have access to water and other beverages during games and practices. Here are some of the tasks an NBA waterboy may be responsible for:
- Providing water and other beverages: The primary responsibility of an NBA waterboy is to make sure that players have access to water and other beverages, such as sports drinks, during games and practices.
- Refilling water bottles: The waterboy must refill water bottles for players throughout the game or practice and make sure that they have what they need to stay hydrated.
- Locker room management: The waterboy may also help manage the locker room, making sure that it is clean, organized, and ready for use.
- Running errands: The waterboy may also be responsible for running errands, such as picking up food or supplies, or delivering messages between coaches and players.
- Assisting trainers: The waterboy may assist the team’s trainers with various tasks, such as filling water bottles, or helping players with their equipment.
The job of an NBA waterboy requires physical exertion, as they must be able to move quickly and carry heavy equipment. They must also be able to work well as part of a team, communicate effectively, and be flexible and adaptable to changing situations. It is a fast-paced and highly demanding environment, and the waterboy must be able to maintain their composure and focus, even during high-pressure situations.
What does an NBA Towel Boy Do in his job?
NBA towel boys are part of the support staff for an NBA team and are responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Providing towels: Duh! The primary responsibility of an NBA towel boy is to provide towels to players during games and practices. They are also responsible for collecting dirty towels and ensuring that fresh towels are always available.
- Equipment maintenance: Towel boys may be responsible for maintaining equipment, such as basketballs, water bottles, and other items used during games and practices.
- Locker room management: They may also help manage the locker room, making sure that it is clean, organized, and ready for use.
- Running errands: Towel boys may also be responsible for running errands, such as picking up food or supplies, or delivering messages between coaches and players. So if a vet tells them they want a donut, the NBA towel boy will earn his salary by running to Dunkin Donuts.
- Assisting trainers: They may assist the team’s trainers with various tasks, such as wrapping ankles, filling water bottles, or helping players with their equipment.
NBA towel boys don’t earn much money but they work in a fast-paced and highly demanding environment, and must be able to maintain their composure and focus, even during high-pressure situations. The job requires physical exertion, as towel boys must be able to move quickly and carry heavy equipment. They must also be able to work well as part of a team, communicate effectively, and be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
How to Become an NBA Waterboy
Those who are interested in this job position and want to start a career as towel boys should follow some steps to successfully finish the application. The first thing you should to contact your local NBA club and ask them on the matter.
Some of them are constantly looking for new recruits, and you might be a good fit for their teams. They usually have quite different procedures but there are still many similarities as well. For example, you have to fill out all the paper forms writing your personal details and other information they ask you.
If anyone of your relatives and family members has connections with NBA clubs, you would have to explain that question deeper. You will also have to provide your school and college degrees and diplomas if any. The higher education is a good path to success even when it comes to this job. The beginners with potential have higher chances to advance faster gaining better salaries in a shorter period of time. You can become a master of the skills if you practice them on a daily basis.
Check out these sleek NBA water bottles on Amazon!!